(Source: snnns, via fuckyeahjapanandkorea)
(Source: misakas, via fuckyeahjapanandkorea)
(Source: krewellah, via airaishi)
Poached Peaches with Raspberries
2 cups water
1 1/4 cups sugar (I used vanilla sugar so you will see vanilla beans in the pictures, but regular sugar is just fine)
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cinnamon stick snapped in half
the zest of one lemon (I used a vegetable peeler and got big strips)
1/4 teaspoon peppercorns
6 ounces raspberries
- Put all of the ingredients except the peaches and raspberries into a large pot.
- Halve the peaches and remove the pit.
- Add the peaches and bring the pot to a boil.
- Cover the pot with parchment paper and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the peaches in the poaching liquid for 7-10 minutes (this depends on the peaches. I checked mine every few minutes and pulled them when I could get a knife through them with no resistance, but they were not completely mushy.)
- Take the peaches out of the cooking liquid.
- Add half of the raspberries to the cooked peaches.
- Add the remaining raspberries to the pot and bring it back to a boil. Reduce the cooking liquid to about half.
- Strain the poaching liquid.
- Pour the glorious poaching liquid over the peaches and raspberries.
These are perfect just like this. But they would be pretty tasty in your morning cereal, oatmeal or on top of a waffle or pancake. Vanilla ice cream? Yes please.
(Source: bakedbree.com, via prettygirlfood)
(Source: dotcore, via airaishi)
(Source: prettygirlfoodig, via prettygirlfood)
(Source: taecyoen, via parkgyu)
(Source: deathandyou, via mslindahuynh)
(Source: Flickr / sea-turtle, via prettygirlfood)
(Source: namikazeminatos, via airaishi)